Friday, January 2, 2009

In loving memory of




Francis Walter Soich, Jr.
"Bub"
April 7, 1943-January 2, 1989



Todd was only 14 at the time his father passed away. He died in the early morning from a massive heart attack, while at home, with Sheila (his wife/Todd's mom) and Todd.

I obviously never got the opportunity to meet "Bub", but I periodically ask Todd about him. He always radiates the undenying pride he had for his father. Todd talks about how he loved to go to work with his Dad and what a hard working man he was (sometimes working more than one job at a time to help make ends meet). He remembers his parents having lunch together during the work day and spending time as a family. He speaks with such a wistful remembrance, a 14 year old stuck in time, of honor and respect for his dad.



Ryland was born on Bub's birthday and carries the middle name of Francis.




One of the last pictures taken at his work Christmas party 1988.



Todd and me at his grave site on our wedding day.

On this 20th year anniversary of his death I want to recognize the man that made Todd the man he is today; an amazing husband, loving father, dependable friend, hard working man, and faithful son. I know he is so proud of you Todd!




1 comment:

Tara said...

What a beautiful post! And I say a huge "Amen" to that last paragraph. Your Dad would be so proud of you, Todd!

Followers