I love traditions! I love looking forward to them! I love starting new ones! I.just. love. traditions!
Most surround a holiday or special time; lemon cake at birthdays, picture of the first (and last) day of school, gifts in shoes on St.Patricks day.
Here are our traditions during Christmas time:
A new ornament each year. Jayden and Ryland are getting to the age that they have a specific one in mind. Now the fun is trying to find that exact one! (I think I first heard about this from Shannon's family. When she moved out her parents gave her all "her" ornaments to use on her tree)
Jesus' birthday cake on Christmas Eve. We started this last year and I love the idea of putting the focus back on the reason for the season.
Christmas pajamas. Again something done on Christmas eve but are worn all-year-long.
Stockings for all. Hey! I still love getting my special candy. After all those years of being rationed on the amount of candy we ate, I'm still programmed to eat candy until my teeth hurt on Christmas.
Elf on the shelf. I got this last year and although the Elf isn't magical it does appear some place new each morning
Buying our LIVE Christmas tree together.
Buying a Christmas book every year. They get packed away with all the other Christmas decorations and are something to look forward to each year!
How about you?
Remember all you have to do is click on post a comment, write me a love note, and then click on anonymous if you don't' have a google/blogger account.
2 comments:
What fun traditions you have! I love traditions too! Check out this book by Noelle Piper, Treasuring God in our Traditions. You will love it!
Some traditions we have are: (1) Christmas pjs opened on Christmas Eve (2) Happy Birthday Jesus cake (3) Doing our advent nativity to count down the days until Jesus' birth (4) Making Christmas cookies... I have heard of the elf on the shelf and I love your ideas about buying a new book and new ornament every year! So cute!
In addition to the ones Tara shared, I love eating chex mix at Christmas! We could make it all year long, but for some reason, we just do it at Christmas. I also love attending candlelight service Christmas eve and reading The Christmas Story to the family around the nativity, having Monkey Bread Christmas morning (do I sense a food theme here?), and letting the younger children be Santa's helpers and pass out all the gifts under the tree. I sure do love Christmas!!
Post a Comment