Friday, February 18, 2011

Guess the gender...

One week from today at 9:15 we have my ultrasound appointment to check on the baby's health and hopefully see the gender of #3.

Although I don't "believe" any of following 'wives tales' they sure have been fun to survey my pregnancy/self over the last few months. So here are my results and now YOU guess what it is!

His/her heartbeat at the last appointment
It was around 150 = GIRL

Stare into a mirror and if your eyes dilate it’s a boy
No dilating but I did get a little cross-eyed = GIRL

Check your broken blood vessels in your lower eyelid, if there is a V in the left eye it’s a girl
The V is in my right eye = BOY

If your hair gets thinner and stringier with your pregnancy, it’s a girl.
It certainly is different from my other pregnancies but I don't think you can call it "thin" by any means! Just less volume = GIRL

Does the hair grow faster on your legs? If so, a boy is on the way.
DEFINITELY slower = GIRL

If your legs get larger during pregnancy, a boy is on the way.
Seriously? What doesn't get larger during pregnancy? I don't think I have elephantitis or anything = GIRL

If your fingernails grow faster, a boy is on the way.
Faster & stronger = BOY

If your backside is bigger, a girl is on the way.

Again with the bigger. We are talking pregnancy here folks! But yes (if I had to pick between legs or backside) my backside is bigger = GIRL

If your face is getting larger, a girl is on the way.
You decide: July 2010 & Feb 2011I don't see a difference = BOY

If your feet are colder, a boy is on the way.
Yep=BOY

If breathing is more difficult during pregnancy, a boy is on the way.
Only after I've run a half marathon...kidding people = GIRL

If you sleep more than before, a girl is on the way.
Sleep MORE? I don't think that is possible! I have always slept A LOT! = BOY

If you sleep on your right side, a girl is on the way.

Definitely favor my right side. = GIRL

Do you eat the heel of the bread? If so a boy is on the way.
WHAT? Like do I crave it? No!=GIRL

If you have to drink orange juice in the morning, a girl is on her way.
Ummm...I don't eat/drink orange juice like...EVER! = BOY

If mom is happier since she got pregnant, a boy is on the way.

This question shouldn't be allowed...Todd says yes = BOY

Check your youngest child's hair line. Peak= same sex, No Peak = opposite sex
No peak = Girl

Age you were when you conceived/month you conceived
I don't know exactly when I conceived either late Oct or early Nov. Therefore 34/10 (even /even = GIRL) or 34/11 (even/odd = BOY)

According to one of the Chinese Gender Charts:
If I conceived in October = Girl, November = Boy


Total: Girl 10 vs Boy 7

5 comments:

leah said...

I can't wait to find out!! My vote is for a girl!

Tara said...

These are the craziest wives' tales! Seriously, the peak of your child's hair and if parts of your body get bigger?!? What?!?

I'm going with GIRL, just because I want you to have one!!! Though I'll be praising the Lord for either sex :)

Linda said...

I have never read so many wives' tales before...that's nuts, but fun just the same! I will rejoice with any baby of any sex, but since you've already got 3 boys to keep you busy I'm going GIRL so you will have someone to keep you company in lines that always form in restrooms, and you get to deal with hairbows and lots of pink!!

Big EZ said...

yep, definitely will be a boy or girl. the old wives tales did not sow any other option. so there you have it. one Soich kiddo on the way!!!!!

Anonymous said...

GIRL GIRL GIRL GIRL

But of couse, another handsome Soich boy would make "the my three sons" thing a reality... so either way we will welcome the new addition! Laurie

Followers