Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jayden's check-up

So I missed Jayden's 4 year check-up back in ummm....October! Actually I didn't even know he needed one until his preschool was asking for updated physical and shot forms. So, the ever diligent parent that I am, scheduled an appointment (otherwise he wouldn't be allowed at school anymore). I asked if any shots were required and since none were I was fine with it. {clearing throat} Since this is really all about me!

So as with typical check-ups they weighed him (40 pounds), measured his height (42 inches), gave him a hearing test (he passed it with flying colors even though he seems to have a hereditary ability to have selective hearing), and a eye exam.

Although they have the typical lettered eye chart they also have a kindergarten (shape) chart. Jayden put his hand over one eye "like a pirate" and as she pointed to the different shapes I was tickled with some of his answers.




He had no trouble with the boat, hearts, stars, and cup. The pluses were X's, the moon was a crescent, the flag was bars, and the o was an a O "not a circle cause they only have one line". Then he pointed to the french fries. See them? No? Sixth row down. Still No? Next to the O and star. Really? Ohhh...you mean YOU see a hand? Clearly you haven't been to McDonald's nearly enough!

So proud! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How smart is he??? I actually could see the 'french fries' once you pointed it out...the Bakers are HUGE McDonald's fans so that should look very familiar.

Tara said...

Amen to Mom's comment- We definitely are McDonalds fans and those are most definitely french fries. There is nothing wrong with his vision at all... What a big boy!

Followers