Monday, February 23, 2009

It's tough being a woman #1

I started a new bible study last week, Esther: It's tough being a woman. Beth Moore, the author/facilitator/leader, interviewed hundreds of woman about their difficulties of being a woman. Overwhelmingly the answers resulted in three categories.

It's tough being a woman because:

1.) Yielding. Whether this be to our husbands, families, bosses, co-workers, etc. We KNOW we have the best idea(s) and want others to KNOW it too :-).

2.) Balance. How do we do it all? Why do others expect us to do it all? And why do we guilt ourselves if we don't do it all?

3.) Hormones! If there is premenstrual, menstrual, and post menstrual hormonal issues each month, that leaves us...one unaffected week a month!


So, why is it tough being a woman for YOU (and this is not at the expense of the boys in our lives)?

1 comment:

Tara said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you are doing this study! I think this might be the one our group does next- It looks so good, and I've only heard wonderful things about it!

I would definitely agree with the 3categories Beth described... For me, BALANCE would have to be the toughest part of being a woman for me!

Followers