Monday, October 11, 2010

Who says you only turn 6 once? part 1

I still can't believe my lil man is 6! I quiz him regularly of his age, just to try and catch him saying 5; hasn't happened yet. I've told him now that he is past one hand he can stop growing at 2 hands (10 yo); he just laughs at me.
He had a great birthday celebration. It started on Saturday with his bowling party and ended the next Thursday with pizza and a cookie cake at school. With lots of presents and visits in between!
Cake courtesy of Mimi...of course!
I can't remember if I mentioned it before but we celebrate birthdays by inviting the number of friends as the birthday age (not including family members). It's been nice to keep the parties from getting out of control and it really lets him focus on just a few kids. Surprisingly he doesn't have much trouble picking. Of course it can lead to really small parties when not everyone can come. But ultimately he had a great time and was bouncing off the walls.
I asked him what he was most excited about (before the party) and he said "Besides everything, how much sugar I can have...soda, cake, candy.." Lightbulb moment perhaps he has a sweet tooth :-)

2 comments:

Tara said...

What a neat party and such a fun cake too!!!

Linda said...

Looks like a fun time for a 6 year old and the cake is awesome! Lots of blue smiles afterward?

Followers