Wednesday, February 9, 2011

16 Week Survey



How far along? 16 weeks

Size of baby? 4.6 inches long (size of an Avocado)

Total weight gain/loss? Lost two more pounds. Down a total of 3 pounds. BUT I know my time will come! I haven't thrown up in 2 1/2 weeks and am starting to crave sweets so I KNOW it's just a matter of time.

Maternity clothes? YES! Several weeks ago I put on my maternity jeans...LOVE THEM! I bought most of my stuff when I was pregnant with Jayden. When my friend Emily got pregnant I let her use them and then added a few things when I was pregnant with Ryland. I lent the stash to Emily again after Ry and got them back after her second baby. J & R are only 30 months apart, so you can imagine between the 4 pregnancies and 6 years, some things are missing and some things need to be missing!

I've been thrifting a little picking up one or two pieces but may have to break down and buy; as thrifting can be hit-or-miss!

Gender? T, J & R ALL say girl. I waiver. I refer to it as "He" but think about girly stuff when I think about buying, decorating, naming, etc. We'll see very soon. My ultrasound is scheduled for Feb. 25th at 9:15!

We have a definite girl's name (which I will totally share either way) and have a couple of idea's for a boy's name but nothing definite.

Movement? YES! It totally caught me off guard the other night. I was sitting on the couch and realized "Oh, I feel a baby moving". So exciting!

What I miss? Nothing really. Now that I'm not throwing up it's been good.

Sleep? Better. I can still sleep on my stomach for short periods of time. There have been several nights when I don't wake up at all. Other nights, just a few times; to go to the bathroom or switch positions.

Symptoms? I burp ALOT (which we quickly blame on "the baby in my belly") and soreness in my lower back.

Notes? I am so excited to find out the gender. I feel like I'm at a stand still until I know!

Cravings? Fruit, sour patch kids, and Valentine's Day conversation hearts!

Best moment of the week? Scheduling the ultrasound date. Have I told you that I'm excited?

What we are looking forward too? Finding out the gender. Hope he/she cooperates!

I'm going to do a Guess the Gender post with all the wives tales and my results soon!

6 comments:

Linda said...

You look great Mindy...just popping on out there! So excited for the end of the month when we will know if it is a he or a she! What will you do not buying so much blue? I'm thinking pink!

Anonymous said...

You look great! I cannot wait to know what you are having! Please share as soon as you can! I am so excited for you!
Ashlyn

Jaime said...

Love the pic! :-) And can't wait to hear the gender!

Tara said...

Oh I'm so glad you put a belly shot from the side! You do look great!!!! I'm so excited for your ultrasound too. And I am guessing girl just because I want you to be able to experience the JOY of dressing a little girl! It is so fun!!!

PS. Can't wait to hear your girl name too!

leah said...

I'm thinking PINK TOO!! You do look great, love your little belly! I'm so glad you aren't throwing up anymore, YEAH for 2nd trimester!

Big EZ said...

That burping problem was there long before any baby....I think it is a generic trait from an uncle. Marvin?
Love you Mind.

Followers