Wednesday, October 19, 2011

3 months old



Sleeping
Cooper is sleeping through the night! Almost a week before I went back to work Cooper started sleeping 7+ hours through the night.  Several night for over 9 hours!  Hallelujah for good sleepers!!  He usually eats around 7:30 and then before 8:30 it is very obvious (rubbing his eyes, turning away from stimuli) that he is ready for bed.  We put him in his sleep sack and then in bed.  Sometimes he uses a passie for a short time but most nights he puts his arms up, turns his head and falls asleep.  Just last week we moved the bassinet into his room and this week we transitioned him from bassinet to bed.  I moved the changing pad into his bed to give him the feeling of a smaller area.  For the most part, during the day, he takes cat naps (half hour to an hour).  Only a couple of times has he slept for more than an hour.  I think its a combination of constantly being disrupted (when we are coming and going) and his acid reflux.  Most times you can see him start squirming and within a couple of minutes he is awake!
Eating
We are still giving him Zantac twice a day.  It is very obvious when he needs it in the evening because he starts "foaming" (lots of tiny bubbles) at the mouth.  He takes it very good and its usually followed by a feeding!  Depending on the day (work vs no work) he will eat at 5:30/6:30, 9:00, 1:00, 5:00, and 7:30.  I pump twice while a work and am getting around 6 oz in less than 10 minutes.  I usually nurse for 10 minutes on each side so I'm not exactly sure how much he is getting. 

Other stuff

  • We rarely do "tummy time" because he will either spit up or inadvertently roll over from front to back.  It makes tummy time inefficient!
  • He likes lying on his back and has begun to lift his feet up.  He enjoys lying under his star (play mat), staring at the fan or focusing on the tv.  He is moving his arms more and will occasionally get a hold of a hanging toy on his play mat or car seat. 
  • He has found his hands!  He sucks on his fingers, fist, and thumb.  He clasps/folds them together.

  • He is still is in size 1-2 diapers (we get ours from Costco) but I think the next time we need them we will be purchasing size 3.
  • No more size 0-3 or 3 month old clothes.  In fact my mom bought him a cute 3 mth outfit and he only got to wear it once.  As soon as it gets colder I can get out the 3-6 month old hand me downs.  Until then it seem like he wears the same seven, 3-6 month shortalls.  

With Jayden
I love how Jayden mimics my sing song voice to Cooper: "Is that funny?", "Do you like that fan?"
With Ryland
Ryland thinks he must get 2 cm from his face and talk to him.  We are constantly saying "Ryland back up, get out of his face!"


1 comment:

Tara said...

Oh, he's adorable! I can't wait to meet him one day!

Followers