Friday, October 14, 2011

School Time

Ryalnd's PreK assessment.
Print Knowledge Measure (11 out of 12): measures his ability to recognize the difference between letters and words, and his knowledge of letter names (both upper and lower case) and the sounds they make.
Phonological Awareness Measure (7 out of 14): measures his awareness and manipulation of the different sounds in a word.  Assesses the child's ability to blend a word if it is broken up into smaller sounds of syllables, blend a compound word and recognize the remaining word when part of the stimulus word is taken away (ie "say football without ball") 
Mathematics Measure (12 out of 18): measures his early numeracy skills across three different areas: counting skills, numerical relation skills, and arithmetic reasoning skills.
Oral Language/Vocabulary Measure (18 out of 22): measures his ability to express himself in words, understand language that is heard, and his knowledge of age appropriate words and their meanings.

Jayden is learning about bats.  Bats are the ornlee (only) mamorals (mammals) that can fly.  Thar (their) wings are heumugis (humongous).  I like bats because thar (their) ies (eyes) lite up.
Jayden practicing his cursive.  I wrote it first and then he copied it.
Ryland's turkey


1 comment:

Big EZ said...

I believe we have the makings of a future engineer here! Smart and good looking, the trademarks of engineers. What else can I say? Great Uncle Engineer EZ

Followers