Monday, January 4, 2010

A NON New Year's resolution

At church on Sunday, I heard that by Feb 14th only 20% of people are still adhering to their New Year's resolutions. So here is my NON New Year's resolution:

Several weeks ago I blogged about two websites on my alter ego blog (WHAT? You're not reading my second blog too! Jesh). My cousins Tara & Leah (aka my only faithful commenters) encouraged me and gave me some other blogs to follow.

Since getting back in town from our vacation, I've continued to put my new knowledge into effect. I even went a step further and looked at the price differences of some of our weekly groceries at Walmart versus Publix.

O_M_Gosh! Seriously.I.had.no.idea that the prices could be so different in two stores that are a half mile apart from each other.

Sometimes it was just pennies (Cereal $4.19 vs. $3.24) but for a few items the difference was dollars (Zyrtec $11.99 vs $9.74)! Needless to say Walmart was cheaper on every item I compared!

I still prefer Publix and love their BOGO deals but buying from both stores could save us close to $15 a week. Add the coupons I'm clipping and I saved us $30 dollars this week!

(I'm sure I could save even more, if I bought generic, but this is a one step at-a-time process.)

In an effort to keep me encouraged, I'm keeping a running total on our savings.


How about you what is your NON New Year's resolution?

3 comments:

leah said...

good for you! I've debated going shopping at 2 places too I bet you save more money!

Tara said...

Good for you, Mindy!!!

My non resolution is to keep these babies inside:)

Sherry said...

I plan to continue losing weight.

Now you know why I like Super Walmarts so much.

Followers