Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birthday Weekend Part 3

As if we hadn't already had a full Saturday, later that evening we celebrated my 35th birthday!Just for the record my birthday is BEFORE Ryland's but a certain 4 year old didn't quite get that! Since I had a birthday dinner request, it worked out just fine. Spaghetti, meatballs, salad, and garlic toast. My one request: NO leaner alternatives! (ie turkey meatballs or whole wheat pasta). And for dessert, lemon cake with lemon icing! A birthday tradition. However it MUST BE Betty Crocker (think BC = birthday cake) cake and icing. Duncan Hines just isn't the same. I told mom to go less on the cake and more on the icing...YUMMY!HELLO! Someone forgot to tell him this was MY celebration!
Happy 35th to me!
In the midst of the packed weekend I also turned 6 months pregnant! Post to come later. I told Hottie we needed to take a belly pic and so he did...Lovely! Not exactly what I meant!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Looks so delicious Mindy...and yes, there are times when the leaner alternatives just don't taste as good as the real thing! Your little belly is looking mighty cute!

Big EZ said...

Happy Birthday Mind! You can't be thirty five as it was just a bit ago that I was flying you around your folk's Boca Raton home and having you squeal in delight as I held you up high and poked your head around a corner. Your birthday dinner looks extra yummy, oh for those carefree days of the real, no-lean ingredients! Love you!

leah said...

What a great birthday celebration!! You look SO GOOD Mindy! And I agree with you especially on your bday no leaner alternatives!!

Followers