Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One week old

It's hard to believe that Cooper is already one week old. A week out of the womb goes by SO MUCH faster than a week in the womb. He had his first doctor's visit today.
Height: 19.75 in (58%)
Weight: 6.14 lbs (23%)
Head: 14 in (45%)
Everything looked good and they told us to come back in a month.
My mom is still here with us (she has been here since last Monday) and we are keeping her busy. I joked with her that when she goes home everyone is going to ask if she held the baby the entire time. Her response was nope, she is here to help with the other stuff so I can hold him the entire time. We've kept her busy chauffeuring, refereeing, running errands, shopping, fixing our computer and some other projects.
What I want to remember about this week:
  • Cooper is eating every 3 or 4 hours. I'm trying to feed him every 3 hours during the day and on demand at night. Occasionally, MY naps have gotten in the way of that schedule or if it took a while for him to settle down after the last feeding. Then it is near impossible to wake him up to eat. (I've stripped him down to his diaper, tickled his feet, used a washcloth to try and wake him.)
  • Once settled he is such a content baby. The dogs barking, kids hollering, and general chaos of this house doesn't seem to effect him.
  • His love for a passie is growing. At this point he doesn't need it but it does help him to relax.
  • He likes to be warm (just like Jayden). Most times he is dressed in a long sleeve onesie, socks, outfit over it, and swaddled in a blanket/swaddler. Ryland never wanted that much on and to this day both boys are the same. Jayden is my cold one who never sweats whereas Ryland is always hot and starts sweating the moment he walks outside.
  • His fussy times seem to be around 9:00 pm. He cries and kicks like a jack rabbit until some pressure is released out of either end.
What I want to remember about him and Jayden this week:
  • Jayden wants to hold him a lot. He wonders where he is, how he is, and what I'm doing with him.
  • Love this picture of them
What I want to remember about him and Ryland this week:
  • EVERY noise Cooper makes, Ryland tells us about it. He is constantly telling us when Cooper is fussing, crying or calling out. At times he will gasp when Cooper makes any noise. Needless to say we are trying to curb him of that...now!
  • He too wants "to know where the baby is" at all times.
  • He loves kissing him and touching his head.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I can't believe it's been a week! I just love his big beautiful eyes...a trait all your boys have. It was wonderful to read your update and see how everyone is adjusting to the new family member. So happy Sherry is there to handle everything else, so you can concentrate on Cooper and resting. I know she is enjoying time with the grands! Love you and proud of you!

Tara said...

Yay for a great 1 week report!!! He is such a cutie and it sounds like you and him are adjusting so well :) Love the picture of him and Jayden too. Precious!!!

Followers