Eating: Cooper is eating 3 oz to 4 oz. every 3.5 to 4 hours. This would be ideal if my milk supply would have cooperated with that! However I started having plugged duct/mastitis symptoms (low fever, chills, achy, soreness) late last week. To try and remedy any infection and prevent further complications I started pumping every 3 hours, alternating warm and cold compresses, doubled my vitamin intake and was forced to take it easy. I'm hoping that I can slowly regulate my production to every 3.5/4 hours without causing any further complications. Pumping AND bottle feeding can really take up my day and night!
Sleeping: We aren't quite on a eat/up for an hour/sleep routine yet. The major hurdle is getting past any tummy troubles. I have eliminated milk (and most other dairy products) and peanut butter from my diet. Although most baby sites claim that foods that the mother eats aren't the cause of fussiness, I found with Jayden & Ry that eliminating cow's milk helped. Peanut butter is a new one this time around. For the most restful sleep, bundled up is a must!
Going ons: This week from 9:00-12:00 was VBS for J & R. Mom took and picked them up most days. Cooper and I did make it out of the house quite a few times this week (which may have contributed to my nursing issues). Tuesday: Doctors, Wednesday: My work for a meeting with the new principal, Friday: Target, Saturday: dinner on the green, Sunday: church.

Mimi is still visiting and is leaving tomorrow BUT have no fear we are going with her! Actually the boys are leaving with her and Hottie and I will be coming up for the weekend.
What I want to remember about him and Jayden this week:- The pumping/nursing/bottle feeding has caused quite a few questions from my inquisitive one. Some that I would rather not answer.
- The newness hasn't worn off...you can hear several times a day 'don't touch his head'

What I want to remember about him and Ryland this week:- He still is always looking for him and giving him kisses. I found myself telling him he was going to run out of kisses if he didn't save some!

2 comments:
I LOVED this post, all except for the fact that you have a blocked duct... oh man I know that has to be so painful AND time consuming having to pump all the time. I love all the pictures of the boys with Cooper. He is just so handsome! I can't believe he's eating almost 4 oz some feedings! What a big boy! Emery is still only on 5 and she's almost 5 months old!!
What a good update! I'm so sorry about your mastitis. I only got that one time with each set, so hopefully you won't have it ever again! Good for you to be pumping and working through it... Loved all these pictures too!
Post a Comment