Friday, January 7, 2011

Pregnant

I'm actually writing this post on 11/17/2010 and dating it to post on 1/7/11. How weird to be writing something for that far in the future. I'm also terrified that I won't date it correctly and it will get posted before we are ready to announce our big news.

I'm pregnant...PREGNANT! I can't even type those 8 letters without a smile being brought to my face and joy swelling in my heart. Maybe it's because I know this will be my last pregnancy or maybe I am always this sentimental during pregnancy OR maybe because there is such an awesome God-story behind it. I'm going with the latter.

In July 2009, I was driving home from Gainesville. It was just me and the two boys. I was still yearning for another baby, not an uncommon thought. I just didn't have that "done" feeling. I can remember right after having Ry beginning to feel that yearning feeling. (Why do I hear "You've lost that loving feeling" when I type that?) My biggest concern was that Hottie did NOT have that yearning feeling.

Anyways, I was driving home and began thinking about their birth dates. I like number patterns and both of them have "cool" birth date patterns. 10-04-04 and 4-07-07. Continuing the pattern: 10,4,4,4,7,7...Do you know what finishes the pattern?... 7,10,10. Get it? 7/10/2010.

Cool huh?

Not as cool as the fact that I had an overwhelming sense of peace wash over me as I thought about a 3rd child being born 7/10/10. Even better? Remember I said I was driving home in July of 2009? Well the date was July 10, 2009. Exactly one year, to the day, before my pattern date. It was a God thing or so I thought.

I kept this all to myself until (in all my infinite wisdom of "helping God", with "His" plan) October 2010. Then I tried to put HIS plan into action. (Getting pregnant in October would make a July birthday). Interesting how I can refer to it as His plan but assume I must implement it for Him. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that I didn't get pregnant. It was a God thing or so I thought.

Fast forward to May of 2010. I periodically would think about the drive in July 2009; thankful that I wasn't over taken with sadness. I had a terrible year at work and that was really where my head and heart was. So as the school year was wrapping up, I began to think I must of gotten the message wrong. Maybe we were suppose to FIND OUT I was pregnant on 7-10-10 or maybe we were suppose to foster/adopt a child in July. Well, we started (and never finished) the 16 week Fostering classes and stating the obvious, I didn't get pregnant. It was a God thing or so I thought.

Although, like I said Hottie wasn't "feeling it" (without getting into VERY specific details) there was no "acts of secrecy" during my call to actions! It was a God thing or so I thought.

In September 2010 I began to really talk about getting pregnant. Although I still yearned for just.one.more I would never go against Todd. He has the ultimate decision maker. I knew that having another baby when he didn't want one was not what I really wanted. So I asked him to really think about it. I gave him a couple of days. We talked about his concerns and I prayed my little heart out.

My number 1 request? If Todd believed that we were not suppose to have anymore that I would have no feeling of resentment or regret towards Todd. This was not going to be a division in our marriage! It was a God thing or so I thought.

On September 26 after much thinking Todd said no. He said he just didn't think it was in our future. I cried. And cried. And cried. But thankfully, NEVER had resentment towards Todd but instead I crying for the loss of what I would never had.

The yearning didn't go away.

Jayden asked if I was going to have more babies. Every commercial I saw was about a baby. Todd was amazing. He held me. Said he was sorry he couldn't give me what I wanted. Watched carefully over me. It was a God thing or so I thought.

On the third day I was sitting on the toilet lid, bathroom door closed, balling my eyes out (I'm talking the "ugly cry") in the bathroom. I wasn't trying to hide it from Todd; there just wasn't anything more he could do for me.

Or so I thought.

He came in and held me. After several minutes he said ok. Ok? Again without getting into very specific details, he agreed to have another baby. " We are married because we love each other and this wasn't going to get in our way". It was a God thing or so I thought.

And so on November 17th, 2010 there was two lines.

And you know what? It WAS a God thing!

5 comments:

leah said...

Love hearing all the details, and I am just thrilled beyond belief for your soon to be family of 5!!!

Linda said...

So precious to respect your husband's heart, but so amazing that God can stir our hearts and move us in another direction. Thanks for sharing your deepest desire. Like you, I never felt we were finished with two. Ernie and I were both from families of 3 children so...God blessed us with Nick! So thrilled for you!

Tara said...

Such a neat story, Min! Love all the details and how God has given you the desires of your heart. Such a neat testimony of the strength of your marriage and how God answers prayers! Can't wait to hear more and watch your pregnancy progress!!!! Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

Wow! congratulations Soich family! I am so happy for you all! much love, Ashlyn

Anonymous said...

Mindy, congratulations! I am so excited for you and your family. Thanks for sharing your story. I can't wait to hear how things progress. Hope you start to feel better soon!

Eliana

Followers