Jayden's first spelling test.
Here's the story behind this. The extra* word this week was school. Although we practiced it all week, Jayden was still having trouble with the 'sch'. I asked him about his test and he told me that he couldn't remember how to spell the first part BUT the teacher had left up a school bus on the wall and once he saw it he just copied it down. I was conflicted on whether I should compliment him for being resourceful or use it as a teaching moment for not 'cheating'. I went with the first, after all, he "only looked at the beginning of the word"! Needless to say we will be practicing the spelling of school this week!
Tell me about your picture Ryland.
"The purple are the sides. The yellow is the sun. The blue is part of the tent. The orange is part of the tent. The red is the fire. The green is part of the grass." What is happening in the picture? "Its a perfect day to make a tent outside. First lets set up the fire. Lets make the sun. I forgot to make the kids and the mom and dad."
3 comments:
Would definitely compliment Jayden on his resourcefulness...smart boy! Sometimes we just need a little prompt to jog the memory. He has really good printing too!
Hahaha. Love Ryland's painting and resourceful Jayden!!!
I would love to have them in MY class! Snart AND adorable - a great combination!
Laurie
Post a Comment