Tuesday, September 13, 2011

8 weeks old

Eating - He eats every 4 hours during the day (8:00, 12:00, 4:00, 8:00) and twice during the night (1:00ish & 5:00ish). At 7 weeks he started taking Zantac, no more Mylicon,  because he started showing signs of acid reflux (gagging, arching, restlessness after eating).  It has made a huge difference.  He seems so much more settled. He has taken a bottle (pumped milk) a couple of times and has done great!


Sleeping - At night he sleeps in his bassinet from 9:00pm to 8:00am.  During the day, his naps are in his carseat, crib, or swing.  He makes it very obvious when he is ready to go to sleep; he doesn't want to be held and at times, doesn't even want his passie.  As soon as he starts sleeping for longer than 6 hours at night, we will move him into his crib.
No more swaddling!  Although I LOVED the benefit of swaddling (longer stretches of sleep - no hair pulling, nose bopping, or startling) he was getting so frustrated and would work, and work, and work until he got his arms out!
Next week Ryland starts going to school all day and I am planning on getting Cooper on a much more scheduled eat/play/nap routine.  Since I go back to work October 3rd I want to give him (and me) a chance to adjust to a 'normal' schedule.
Recognize the blanket Linda C.?

Other stuff
  • He smiles a lot now and "talks" to himself. You can definitely tell when he gets a clear vision of you - his eyes register complete acknowledgment!  
  • Hottie swears he only poops in clean diapers!
  • He doesn't always wake up in the best moods.  A little screaming and then poof he is all smiles!
  • Everyone says he looks like me! 
  • He hasn't lost much of his hair and more seems to be growing in.  I haven't shaved it...yet.
  • He is out of his newborn clothes and almost getting too long for his 0-3 mths stuff.  I can't wait until he "fills out" more.  I love me some chubs!

One of my favorite moments with Ry and Cooper is when Ryland tells me "He's OK mom, he's ok".

One of my favorite moments with Jayden and Cooper is when Jayden consoles Cooper and says "Alright, Buddy.  It's alright buddy".

1 comment:

Tara said...

What a good and cute baby!

Followers