Monday, December 19, 2011

5 Months old

Sleeping

Cooper is still sleeping from 8:30 pm to 5:30 am (work days, when I have to wake him up) or 6:30 am (school days, when I have to wake him up).   He had a few days this month were he woke up around 3:30 or 4:00 am.  That did not make a very nice morning for me.  I was worried about letting him "cry it out" in fear of waking up the whole house.  I don't know if it was coincidence or not but I was finally able to "let him be" one morning (Hottie left very early for hunting and I had Cooper sleeping in my closet) and we haven't looked back since!  He is getting on a more consistent nap schedule.  He usually goes down for a morning nap an hour after getting up/eating and sleeps for about an hour.  He patterns his afternoon nap about the same.  He still takes a cat nap in between diner and bedtime.  He just can't seem to make it through the evenings yet!
Eating
We are still giving him Zantac (1.2 ml) twice a day.  He eats 6+ oz at 5:30/6:30, 9:00, 1:00, 5:00, and 7:30.  We have only done rice cereal a couple of times.  It just doesn't seem to fit in the routine yet.  When I have the time to give him it (in the evening)  he  doesn't seem to have the patience to eat so slowly. Maybe this month!
Play
He loves his play mat, bouncy seat, excersaucer, and walker!  He has become quite the roller.  Won't be long before I can't leave him 'for just a minute'!  He loves his feet and I can regularly find him with wet socks!
Other Stuff
  • He is still in size 3 diapers
  • No more 3-6 month old clothing.  The 6-9 month fit him today.
  • He is quite the ham. Smiling at everyone and then looking away
  • He got his first hair cut this month.
  • He drools ALL.THE.TIME!  It's crazy how soaked his shirts can get in such a short amount of time
  • He still has a clogged tear duct in his left eye.  Some mornings he can't even open it; its so gunky!

No comments:

Followers